Yesterday I showed you my Chocolate Dessert on Insta-Stories and because I got some questions on how to make it and what’s in it, I thought I would quickly post the recipe on here.
This will also be my first English recipe on my blog and I hope I will find the time to translate them all one day, but this for sure won’t happen in the next year. At least you can use the Google Translate option in my sidebar and hopefully still understand what I am talking about :D
A while ago I found Silken Tofu at the Asia market and wanted to test this Healthy Vegan Chocolate Mousse Dessert with it. It’s not only super delicious, chocolaty and creamy but still healthy and protein-rich, it’s also made in only 10 Minutes and with only 5 ingredients.
(The silken tofu can also be found in organic stores or maybe even big supermarkets.)
For 2 big portions, you will need
- 300g silken tofu
- 50g dark vegan chocolate (60%)
- 2-3 tbsp organic raw cacao powder
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch vanilla extract
- toppings of choice (dark chocolate flakes, berries, coconut flakes, banana slices…)
How to make it
- Cut the tofu block in small pieces and mix it with a blender or kitchen mixer on high speed for around 5 minutes until you have a smooth consistency.
- Melt the dark chocolate on low heat in a pot on the stove – be careful to not burn it!
- Add the melted chocolate and the other ingredients and blend them together.
- Taste test if you want your dessert to be more chocolaty or sweeter. If you’re happy with the result add your toppings of choice and enjoy!
This Chocolate Mousse is perfect to satisfy your chocolate cravings in a healthy way!
I am pretty sure it is possible to make any kind of flavored dessert with the silken tofu like berry, peanut butter or lime and I am definitely going to test more recipes with it. Silken tofu can also be used in vegan cheesecakes or chocolate mousse tarts.
How do you like my first recipe in the English language? Will you try this dessert yourself? Are you interested in more healthy snack recipes?