– The excited feeling for something upcoming in the future. –
That tingly feeling you have in your stomach. Mixed with a slightly little fear of not knowing what will come.
But I try to stay confident. That’s what I’ve always wanted, dreamt of every night, in every daydream. Since four years, I’m looking forward to this time if my life. All I ever wanted was to be free and exploring and that’s still what I want.
Nevertheless, it’s my first time traveling alone.
My first time being away from my family for more than two weeks.
My first time being on the other side of the world in Australia.
My first time flying alone.
My first time traveling with a backpack.
My first time being on the go for longer than three weeks.
My first time traveling alone in Australia far away from my family and friends with a backpack for a long period of time.
So many first times and my anticipation is huge.
I know that there are many wonderful, beautiful, adventurous, calm, exciting, happy times ahead of me, as well as hard, scary, lonely situations. That’s what traveling is all about and I am ready for them all. Or at least ready to learn, grow and master situations that I haven’t had to conquer before. I know that I can.
There are a few things that I need to get done before. A few things to buy, to safe, to organize, to apply and to inform myself about.
Today I had to say goodbye to one of my grandparents already because they are going on vacation for four weeks and we are not going to see each other again before I leave. It was such a weird feeling. I still cannot imagine being away and not seeing them for so long.
On one hand, I cannot wait to finally start my adventure. On the other hand, time flies by so fast and I try to enjoy every left moment at home with my family, friends and my cat.
When you currently don’t live the life that you wish you would, when you want to change something, but it needs more time or when you wish for something but think that it’s not possible for you to archive it – it’s always very easy to dream to be somebody else, have their life, their body, their house, their clothes, hair… whatever.
Online it looks like everybody is perfect, their relationships, their looks, they travel a lot, are always in a good mood and nothing could get in their way. We are surrounded by so much perfection that we feel so insecure with our own problems and insecurities.
And we sometimes forget, that only a part of life is shown online and usually mostly the positive sides, the ups, the happy smiling faces. But that’s not everything and we need to stop comparing ourselves to the perfect image that is shown on social media.
There is a positive way to use these platforms of people presenting themselves in a positive way – as a motivation and inspiration.
When we remove the comparison, guilty feeling and fear of not being enough from our thoughts we can start to listen, see, learn and grow when we choose to follow the right people.
There are so many awesome accounts on the internet that inspire us to create our own dream life and stop wishing to have somebody else’s life, to change ourselves to the better, work on ourselves and grow as a person.
People I get inspired by and learn from on the internet
Ellen Fisher is my number one! There is no other person I find as uplifting, inspiring, teaching and role modeling as her. She covers topics like veganism, healthy eating, sustainable living and mom life on her YouTube and Instagram.
On amoureuxee.de Katja blogs about her feelings and emotions, photography and sustainable and minimalistic fashion. She was the first one who made me think more about our overconsumption, producing less waste, buying less clothes and living more minimalistic and sustainable overall. Because of her texts, I started to think and change a lot of things that have been „normal“ to me for my entire life.
I currently love watching vlogs and travel videos on YouTube to get inspired and look for some techniques that I could practice and use for my own travel videos in Australia. I think videos are even better to keep the memories and look back on than pictures so I want to start filming and hopefully capture some beautiful moments to look back on later. Vloggers and Travel Video Makers that I love are Carlos Costa, Jon Olsson, Jay Alvarrez, Sorellamore, Claire Michelle, Annie Tarasova, so hopefully you will see some video content soon!
Now I really would like to know what you think about role models on the internet. Who is your inspiration and motivation? Do you think it is good to have role models? How do you feel about this topic?
I thought a 12 Things blog post like Amber Fillerup likes to do them is a great way to start blogging again after two weeks of not posting (wasn’t planned or wanted, but that’s how life works sometimes), including some life update and random facts.
As you maybe already noticed – I am writing in English. Something that I wanted to start, because I love this language a lot and it challenges me to practice and learn. I am still not sure if I am going to stick to that for every post or write in whatever language I feel like that day. I also thought about writing in English and German, but that would consume so much time.
So please tell me what you think about that? Do you like reading in English or do you prefer German?
Of course, I also need to mention that my English is not perfect at all (not that my German is perfect, but I am obviously worse in English than in my mother tongue), so if you find a major mistake or a sentence that is not understandable at all, feel free to tell me.
But for now, we are going to get into the 12 Things I want to tell you:
1. I posted my monthly review for June two days ago on July 16th – half a month too late because sadly the internet in our rented house was too bad to work on my blog.
2. I really love to watch YouTube Videos, listen to Podcasts and read books or blogs in English. I oftentimes think or dream in English and it feels great to write in English, but to be honest: I don’t know at all how to use commas and I can’t remember that I’ve learned it in school. I just do it however I feel like it’s right :D
4. The last two weeks we ate soo much white bread (which I usually never eat) and I also ate a lot of cheese and not mostly plant-based at all. Now I am so excited to eat healthy and vegan again, as well as working out regularly.
5. When we were in Lisbon for two days I could immediately feel that my skin got worse because of all the exhaust emissions and the dirty air after being at the beach in the salt water, which is super good for my skin.
6. These days I am craving fruit soo bad! I could eat only fruit for every meal because it tastes soo amazing when it’s fully ripe and fresh and summer fruit is just the best! All the watermelon, peaches, berries and it was orange season in Portugal as well.
7. I read five books during my 14-day vacation. Not my record, but I am still pretty proud because I haven’t taken the time to read a lot in the first half of the year.
8. My brother and I filmed some video clips during our holiday and hopefully, he will make a cool video. Originally I planned to make one myself, but there are so many clips that we both like and both filmed together so the videos would look pretty alike and now I have more time to work on other stuff instead. But until I go to Australia I really need to learn how to edit videos cause I want to start filming there.
9. It’s only freaking TWO MONTH until I fly to Australia and I feel like I am not ready at all and have not enough time to get everything done what I want to do before. I still don’t have a Visa, no accommodation for my first nights in Melbourne and so much more to do.
10. I am trying out Lightroom this month (the first 30 days are free) and I really really love this program! You can do so much to your pictures and make it look super awesome, but it’s also more time-consuming. Now I need to edit all my Portugal photos as soon as possible.
11. One of my best friends is moving to Leipzig soon and she already got her apartment and some plans around that going on and his makes me soo excited to move into my own space, so the interior designing, have a balcony and living on my own. Which is funny because I am about to do quite the opposite of settling down soon :D But of course I will have the opportunity later and for now, I am super excited for my friend.
12. I want to bake my banana bread with raspberries again tomorrow or on thursday and use blueberries instead and I am super exited because I already know that it will taste amazing <3
It took me forever to find 12 kind of interesting things :D I didn’t know it was that hard, but if you like this new format, I really would love to do it again, so please let me know!