My best friend gave me the tip to make a YouTube video talking a bit about myself, what I am doing and what my plans are for new people on my blog and youtube… so here it is!
I thought it would be a good idea to share a little life update because I am not writing my travel diary anymore and you might get confused on what is going on and where I am atm because I am still working on blog post topics from my previous travels, even though I am working right now.
I also wanted to give you an idea on my job and there is a little blog post about finding jobs in Australia and my job coming soon as well, so if you have questions that I need to talk about in that post please message me!
Do you think it’s unnecessary for me to post a blog post when I post a video? I just feel like nobody would find it if I don’t… Do you follow me on YouTube yet?
I thought a 12 Things blog post like Amber Fillerup likes to do them is a great way to start blogging again after two weeks of not posting (wasn’t planned or wanted, but that’s how life works sometimes), including some life update and random facts.
As you maybe already noticed – I am writing in English. Something that I wanted to start, because I love this language a lot and it challenges me to practice and learn. I am still not sure if I am going to stick to that for every post or write in whatever language I feel like that day. I also thought about writing in English and German, but that would consume so much time.
So please tell me what you think about that? Do you like reading in English or do you prefer German?
Of course, I also need to mention that my English is not perfect at all (not that my German is perfect, but I am obviously worse in English than in my mother tongue), so if you find a major mistake or a sentence that is not understandable at all, feel free to tell me.
But for now, we are going to get into the 12 Things I want to tell you:
1. I posted my monthly review for June two days ago on July 16th – half a month too late because sadly the internet in our rented house was too bad to work on my blog.
2. I really love to watch YouTube Videos, listen to Podcasts and read books or blogs in English. I oftentimes think or dream in English and it feels great to write in English, but to be honest: I don’t know at all how to use commas and I can’t remember that I’ve learned it in school. I just do it however I feel like it’s right :D
4. The last two weeks we ate soo much white bread (which I usually never eat) and I also ate a lot of cheese and not mostly plant-based at all. Now I am so excited to eat healthy and vegan again, as well as working out regularly.
5. When we were in Lisbon for two days I could immediately feel that my skin got worse because of all the exhaust emissions and the dirty air after being at the beach in the salt water, which is super good for my skin.
6. These days I am craving fruit soo bad! I could eat only fruit for every meal because it tastes soo amazing when it’s fully ripe and fresh and summer fruit is just the best! All the watermelon, peaches, berries and it was orange season in Portugal as well.
7. I read five books during my 14-day vacation. Not my record, but I am still pretty proud because I haven’t taken the time to read a lot in the first half of the year.
8. My brother and I filmed some video clips during our holiday and hopefully, he will make a cool video. Originally I planned to make one myself, but there are so many clips that we both like and both filmed together so the videos would look pretty alike and now I have more time to work on other stuff instead. But until I go to Australia I really need to learn how to edit videos cause I want to start filming there.
9. It’s only freaking TWO MONTH until I fly to Australia and I feel like I am not ready at all and have not enough time to get everything done what I want to do before. I still don’t have a Visa, no accommodation for my first nights in Melbourne and so much more to do.
10. I am trying out Lightroom this month (the first 30 days are free) and I really really love this program! You can do so much to your pictures and make it look super awesome, but it’s also more time-consuming. Now I need to edit all my Portugal photos as soon as possible.
11. One of my best friends is moving to Leipzig soon and she already got her apartment and some plans around that going on and his makes me soo excited to move into my own space, so the interior designing, have a balcony and living on my own. Which is funny because I am about to do quite the opposite of settling down soon :D But of course I will have the opportunity later and for now, I am super excited for my friend.
12. I want to bake my banana bread with raspberries again tomorrow or on thursday and use blueberries instead and I am super exited because I already know that it will taste amazing <3
It took me forever to find 12 kind of interesting things :D I didn’t know it was that hard, but if you like this new format, I really would love to do it again, so please let me know!