The last year changed my life completely. 2018 was my year of big changes. It started and ended with a family vacation, but everything in between is not at all how it was before.
The first months of 2018 were filled with school, exams, learning, working. But I also took lots of time to spend with my friends and family.
I turned 18 at the beginning of the year. And even though this means being an adult, I didn’t felt a big change…luckily. Driving a car on my own, without having to have one of my parents next to me was the biggest difference I could feel.
In April I finally had my last day of school. Celebrated and enjoyed with my friends and making one of the last school memories together. Then the preparations for the final exams started and in the end, I can say: it sounded more difficult and challenging than it was. We all made it – we all celebrated our High School graduation.
And that was the biggest change of 2018: stopping to work on things that I need to know, need to do when someone wants it, to do what I love and choose for myself. I can finally use my time however I wish to. I finally spend my days doing things I love, enjoy, that are bringing me closer to my goals and that I truly want.
After I enjoyed the summer in Europe at home and in Portugal for two weeks, worked in a beer garden and café for a while and spend as much time with my family and friends as I could, I started the journey I have dreamt of since I was 14 years old.
I went to Australia. With a huge backpack on my shoulders and so much excitement for what is about to come. Facing the biggest adventure of my life, all by myself and knowing that I would learn, grow, experience and meet many new people along the way.
And my year still ended with my family by my side. I was lucky enough to have them over in OZ for three weeks over Christmas and New Year’s.
So this was my year 2018! I take a lot of amazing memories, lessons I learned, new and old friends, pictures I took and more excited for what is to come into 2019!
Plans for 2019
In the last year, I wrote down goals that I want to archive. But even though I am a hard working person and I like to get things done, learn, grow and improve, it is hard to keep up with long-term goals. I just never know how and where to start. I rather like to tick many things off my to-do list and get things done to feel accomplished and productive. So this year I want to set myself a big to-do list / daily/weekly goals that are easier to keep up with.
My To-Do List for 2019
- Eat healthy! Which means: vegan, lots of veggies and especially greens, wholesome products, minimal produced food, good amount of protein, drinking at least two litres of water/tea
- Be active! Go for walks, hikes, bike rides, swims, dance, stretch, do yoga, clean, cook or bake in the kitchen, take pictures – try to limit sitting that is not necessary for eating or working
- Spread positivity! Be happy, grateful, thankful, loving, caring, kind, helpful, nice. Pamper yourself, do things that make you feel happy and loved, love yourself, care for yourself so you can take care of others, practice gratitude, spread positivity
- Be me! Not afraid of other peoples opinions, doing what I desire to, not being shy because I might have different opinions or values than others, don’t overthink your decisions too much
- Make a positive impact on the world! Eat vegan, buy only vegan & cruelty free products, don’t support animal cruelty, use only minimal plastic, buy from sustainable brands, support local agriculture and businesses, use re-useable products, buy less and also: talk about these topics with people you meet, your friends and family, make people think and hopefully improve and change to the better, be a good example, inspire people
- Work towards your big goals in life! Read books, blogs, educate yourself, practice, practice, practice, work hard, put in effort and heart, take opportunities, go for it
- Workout! At least 4 times a week. Whatever you fancy: go for runs, hikes, bike rides, swims, home workouts – at least you sweat, breath heavy and feel it in your body. But especially work on building muscles, let them burn, let them grow, tone and strengthen.
- Stretch and do Yoga regularly! Stretch after every workout as well as stretch and do yoga for a peaceful mind, to move your body in between working at the desk, to stretch your sore muscles and to get more flexible
- Set goals and write to-do lists for the week! To keep on track, keep focused and organised, to work towards the big goals, to be productive
- Upload 3 blog posts per week with interesting content that has value
- Do a surf camp and learn to surf
- Be an AuPair
- Find a job in a health food café, organic store or somewhere else that I like
- Live at the coast, in an apartment near the ocean, with a balcony to have breakfast outside
- Film and edit more, upload videos on YouTube, make vlogs
- Write an eBook
- Travel and enjoy Australia, travel the East Coast
- Get a tattoo and a third ear piercing
- Declutter and sell my closes and build a minimal wardrobe with great timeless pieces
- Do skydiving
- Ride a horse at the beach
- Snorkel more
- Travel and explore Bali
- Test many healthy vegan cafés and restaurants or dishes
- Do a retreat on Bali
- Do Yoga in Bali
- Do a Yoga class on the beach
- appreciate and enjoy being home and around my family and friends
- Enjoy having a kitchen to myself, all the ingredients I need and try out new recipes, make recipe videos, create recipes, take beautiful food photos
- Start studying
- Get my own apartment or a shared apartment, design it minimalistic and beautiful
- Make my blog into a business, more professional, consistent, interesting, incorporate YouTube videos, improve writing and photography
- find and connect with people that share the same interests, values, thoughts etc.